Are you considering a degree in dental assisting?
If you have ever been to the dentist’s office and had your teeth checked, braces adjusted, a cavity taken care of, been given x-rays, or another oral health care procedure, you probably had a dentist’s assistant operating right next to your dentist helping them complete the work. Perhaps you’ve wondered if this job position could be right for your job situation.
If you are thinking about this particular job for your next career, you could be interested in learning that the niche of dental assisting is growing quickly in Alabama.
Dental training coursework can be offered through local community colleges, trade institutes, and even through certain internet based education institutions. Typically, a program like this take up to a year or less to complete.
Working assistants might often apply for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This DANB official program is approved in about 30 states and upon successful completion, identifies the completed training and industry achievements of these dental specialists.
Will You Need a License?
Immediately after you graduate from your short training program, in order to start your first actual job, some states call for you to be credentialed. This generally incorporates finishing written exams and then a physical assessment or perhaps another activity.
A few states will ask for accepted classes to be taken before the student can be licensed. Consult your school to find out what those specifications are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific certification that the authorized professional hygienist obtains. This RDH certification shows you have correctly fulfilled an accredited training curriculum, a national written review, and a regional or state clinical review.
Training programs are usually accredited by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which operates to retain top expectations in the nation’s training courses and programs.
More Dental Opportunities
Programs for potential dental practice hygienists are also available at schools and online education centers. Dental care hygienists educate patients about oral hygiene, clean and polish their teeth, perform teeth x-rays, as well as other assignments.
Yet another job in the wider dental sector is in the segment of dental technicians. Dental technicians put together dentures, bridges and crowns by working with dental molds or impressions submitted from the dentist’s clinic. Fine hand and eye coordination is a vital skill set to have for this job.
See these good options:
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Office Specialist Certificate
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Certificate
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.