Are you considering a degree in dental assisting?
If you have ever been to the dentist’s office and had your teeth checked, braces adjusted, a cavity taken care of, been given x-rays, or another oral health care procedure, you probably had a dentist’s assistant operating right next to your dentist helping them complete the work. Perhaps you’ve wondered if this job position could be right for your job situation.
If you are thinking about this particular job for your next career, you could be interested in learning that the niche of dental assisting is growing quickly in Alabama.
Dental training coursework can be offered through local community colleges, trade institutes, and even through certain internet based education institutions. Typically, a program like this take up to a year or less to complete.
Working assistants might often apply for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This DANB official program is approved in about 30 states and upon successful completion, identifies the completed training and industry achievements of these dental specialists.
Will You Need a License?
Immediately after you graduate from your short training program, in order to start your first actual job, some states call for you to be credentialed. This generally incorporates finishing written exams and then a physical assessment or perhaps another activity.
A few states will ask for accepted classes to be taken before the student can be licensed. Consult your school to find out what those specifications are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific certification that the authorized professional hygienist obtains. This RDH certification shows you have correctly fulfilled an accredited training curriculum, a national written review, and a regional or state clinical review.
Training programs are usually accredited by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which operates to retain top expectations in the nation’s training courses and programs.
More Dental Opportunities
Programs for potential dental practice hygienists are also available at schools and online education centers. Dental care hygienists educate patients about oral hygiene, clean and polish their teeth, perform teeth x-rays, as well as other assignments.
Yet another job in the wider dental sector is in the segment of dental technicians. Dental technicians put together dentures, bridges and crowns by working with dental molds or impressions submitted from the dentist’s clinic. Fine hand and eye coordination is a vital skill set to have for this job.
See these good options:
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Assisting
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Office Specialist Certificate
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org