Do you have an interest in working as a dental assistant?
If you’ve gone to the dentist and had your teeth checked out, braces adjusted, a cavity filled, been given x-rays, or another dental procedure, you probably had a dentist’s assistant operating right alongside your dentist helping them do the job. Perhaps you are wondering if this kind of job role would turn out to be good for your situation.
If you ever considered this kind of job for your next occupation, you might be interested in knowing that the industry of dental assisting is expanding rapidly in Alaska.
These dental training programs are often given through local community colleges, technical schools, and also from certain web-based learning institutions. Generally, a program like this often take roughly a year or less to complete.
Working assistants can often apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This official program is approved in 30 states and upon successful finalization, recognizes the knowledge and vocational results of the dental assistant.
Dental Assistant Licensing
Immediately after graduating from your short training program, before you can obtain your initial job, many states expect you to be accredited. This licensing usually will require completing computer-given exams plus a physical test or even another task.
Some other states will ask for approved lessons be done before a student is finally registered. Refer to your school to figure out what these standards are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific status that the registered hygienist is awarded. The RDH designation shows you have properly finished an accredited training program, a standardized written exam, or a regional clinical assessment.
Course programs will be recognized by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which helps to maintain high standards in the country’s training classes and programs.
Added Dental Options
Programs for prospective dental hygienists are offered at colleges and online training centers. Dental hygienists educate patients about oral hygiene, inspect gums and clean teeth, take mouth x-rays, and other activities.
A different job in the dental care industry is in the area of dental technicians. Dental technicians create bridges, crowns, and dentures through working off of oral molds or impressions submitted from the dentist’s office. Suitable eye and hand coordination is a crucial skill to have in this dental occupation.
Take a look at these options:
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.