Do you have an interest in working as a dental assistant?
If you’ve gone to the dentist and had your teeth checked out, braces adjusted, a cavity filled, been given x-rays, or another dental procedure, you probably had a dentist’s assistant operating right alongside your dentist helping them do the job. Perhaps you are wondering if this kind of job role would turn out to be good for your situation.
If you ever considered this kind of job for your next occupation, you might be interested in knowing that the industry of dental assisting is expanding rapidly in Alaska.
These dental training programs are often given through local community colleges, technical schools, and also from certain web-based learning institutions. Generally, a program like this often take roughly a year or less to complete.
Working assistants can often apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This official program is approved in 30 states and upon successful finalization, recognizes the knowledge and vocational results of the dental assistant.
Dental Assistant Licensing
Immediately after graduating from your short training program, before you can obtain your initial job, many states expect you to be accredited. This licensing usually will require completing computer-given exams plus a physical test or even another task.
Some other states will ask for approved lessons be done before a student is finally registered. Refer to your school to figure out what these standards are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific status that the registered hygienist is awarded. The RDH designation shows you have properly finished an accredited training program, a standardized written exam, or a regional clinical assessment.
Course programs will be recognized by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which helps to maintain high standards in the country’s training classes and programs.
Added Dental Options
Programs for prospective dental hygienists are offered at colleges and online training centers. Dental hygienists educate patients about oral hygiene, inspect gums and clean teeth, take mouth x-rays, and other activities.
A different job in the dental care industry is in the area of dental technicians. Dental technicians create bridges, crowns, and dentures through working off of oral molds or impressions submitted from the dentist’s office. Suitable eye and hand coordination is a crucial skill to have in this dental occupation.
Take a look at these options:
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
You can advance your career with a degree from Charter College Online. We offer several Associates and Bachelors degrees in the business, health care, accounting and legal fields. Our accelerated programs are designed to help you complete your degree as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We help students get not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.