Are you considering going to school for a dental assisting degree?
If you have been to your dentist’s office and had your teeth checked out, a cavity filled, received an x-ray, or most any other oral health care procedure, you generally had a dentist’s assistant working right next to your dentist helping them carry out the job. Maybe you are wondering if this work could end up being good for you.
If you are considering this kind of job for your occupation, you might be interested in understanding that the industry of dental assisting is expanding rapidly in Arizona.
These dental training These are often provided at junior colleges, technical institutes, and also through a couple online learning institutions. Ordinarily, one of these programs would take up to a year or less to accomplish.
Experienced pros might often go on for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This official process is endorsed in over 30 states and following successful finalization, identifies the training and industry results of the dental assistant.
Licensing of Dental Assistants
Right after graduating from a training program, and before you obtain a job, many states ask you to be licensed. This licensing often involves finishing computer-given tests together with a physical evaluation or some other process.
Some other states will specify that sanctioned classes be completed before each student will be registered. Visit your school to figure out just what these standards are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the certification that the registered hygienist acquires. This RDH award attests that you’ve correctly completed an accredited training program, a national written review, and a regional or state clinical evaluation.
Training will be approved by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which works to continue good standards in the country’s training courses and programs.
Other Dental Options
Classes for prospective dental practice hygienists are offered at academic institutions and web-based education centers. Dental practice hygienists educate their patients about oral hygiene, inspect and clean teeth, complete teeth x-rays, as well as other tasks.
One more program in the greater health care sector is in the segment of dental technicians. Dental technicians put together bridges, crowns, and dentures through working with dental impressions or molds submitted from the dentist office. Suitable hand and eye coordination is a vital skill to have for this dental position.
Check out these schools:
Your success is our priority. For more than 40 years, we have dedicated ourselves to healthcare education because we want you to become the best healthcare professional possible. Our instructors and staff are dedicated to providing you with the in-demand, hands-on education employers expect so that you may thrive in your profession. Pima Medical Institute started changing lives in 1972 when Richard Luebke Sr. and his wife, JoAnn, brought to life their dream of providing students with a quality medical career education.
- Certificate - Dental Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- And more...
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Dental Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Patient Care Technician
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.