Are you considering a dental assistant degree?
Every time you have been to your dentist’s office and had your teeth cleaned, braces adjusted, a cavity taken care of, gotten x-rays, or most other dental-related procedure, you generally had a dental assistant performing right next to the dentist helping carry out the work. So maybe you’ve wondered if this job position could turn out to be perfect for you.
If you’ve ever considered this sort of work for your career, you could be interested in learning that the industry of dental hygienist and assisting is getting bigger every year in Arkansas.
Dental assistant — These are offered through local community colleges, technical schools, and even through some web-based training centers. Ordinarily, a program like this take around a year or less to finish.
Working professionals might often apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). This DANB official program is endorsed in over 30 states where after successful completion, identifies the knowledge and industry accomplishment of the dental assistant.
Earning a License
Just after graduating from your short training course, in order to begin work, quite a few states expect you to be registered. This normally will involve completing written exams along with a hands-on exam or perhaps some other challenge.
Several states require sanctioned courses be completed before the dental assistant is fully credentialed. Check with your state board to find out what those conditions are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the certification that the accredited professional receives. The RDH credential indicates you’ve correctly finished an authorized training curriculum, a standardized written test, or a regional or state clinical evaluation.
Training will be accredited by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which works to continue excellent conditions in the country’s training classes and programs.
Additional Dental Opportunities
Programs for potential dental hygienists are available at schools and web-based learning centers. Dental hygienists instruct patients about oral hygiene, inspect and clean their teeth, take jaw x-rays, and other assignments.
An additional program in the health care profession is in the segment of the dental technician. Dental technicians create dentures, bridges and crowns through working with oral impressions sent in from the dentist’s practice. Excellent hand and eye coordination is a vital skill set to have for this occupation.
See some local schools:
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Arkansas College of Barbering and Hair Design (ACB) was incorporated under the laws of the state of Arkansas in May 1974. The school was previously located at 401 Main Street in North Little Rock, AR. In1984, the school was relocated to its current location at 200 East Washington Ave and has been incontinuous operation since that time. ACB opened with seven (7) students and sixteen (16) chairs andcurrently have forty-two (42) multi-purpose chairs and an average of sixty-five (65) students. Our purpose is to provide quality training in barbering and hairstyling to the residents of this and other states.
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. What began as an academic institution of just 53 students has now grown to more than 38,000. Today USC continues to uphold its tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, fostering a vibrant culture of public service and encouraging students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.