Are you considering a dental assistant degree?
Every time you have been to your dentist’s office and had your teeth cleaned, braces adjusted, a cavity taken care of, gotten x-rays, or most other dental-related procedure, you generally had a dental assistant performing right next to the dentist helping carry out the work. So maybe you’ve wondered if this job position could turn out to be perfect for you.
If you’ve ever considered this sort of work for your career, you could be interested in learning that the industry of dental hygienist and assisting is getting bigger every year in Arkansas.
Dental assistant — These are offered through local community colleges, technical schools, and even through some web-based training centers. Ordinarily, a program like this take around a year or less to finish.
Working professionals might often apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). This DANB official program is endorsed in over 30 states where after successful completion, identifies the knowledge and industry accomplishment of the dental assistant.
Earning a License
Just after graduating from your short training course, in order to begin work, quite a few states expect you to be registered. This normally will involve completing written exams along with a hands-on exam or perhaps some other challenge.
Several states require sanctioned courses be completed before the dental assistant is fully credentialed. Check with your state board to find out what those conditions are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the certification that the accredited professional receives. The RDH credential indicates you’ve correctly finished an authorized training curriculum, a standardized written test, or a regional or state clinical evaluation.
Training will be accredited by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which works to continue excellent conditions in the country’s training classes and programs.
Additional Dental Opportunities
Programs for potential dental hygienists are available at schools and web-based learning centers. Dental hygienists instruct patients about oral hygiene, inspect and clean their teeth, take jaw x-rays, and other assignments.
An additional program in the health care profession is in the segment of the dental technician. Dental technicians create dentures, bridges and crowns through working with oral impressions sent in from the dentist’s practice. Excellent hand and eye coordination is a vital skill set to have for this occupation.
See some local schools:
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Arkansas College of Barbering and Hair Design (ACB) was incorporated under the laws of the state of Arkansas in May 1974. The school was previously located at 401 Main Street in North Little Rock, AR. In1984, the school was relocated to its current location at 200 East Washington Ave and has been incontinuous operation since that time. ACB opened with seven (7) students and sixteen (16) chairs andcurrently have forty-two (42) multi-purpose chairs and an average of sixty-five (65) students. Our purpose is to provide quality training in barbering and hairstyling to the residents of this and other states.
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.