Would a dental assistant career be something you would be interested in?
If you’ve gone to your dentist’s office and had your teeth checked out, a cavity filled, been given an x-ray, or most any other dental-related procedure, you likely had a dentist’s assistant operating right alongside your dentist helping complete the job. Maybe you are thinking if this type of profession could turn out to be right for your career situation.
If you ever considered this kind of job as your next vocation, you could be interested in understanding that the industry of dental assisting is rising rapidly in Colorado.
Dental assistant training is provided at junior colleges, technical schools, and even through a handful of web-based education centers. Ordinarily, a program like this often take about a year or less to finish.
Working pros might later go on for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This certification process is approved in over 30 states where upon successful finalization, specifies the formal training and vocational accomplishment of dental assistants.
Getting Your License
Right after you graduate from your specialized training course, but before you can begin your first job, some states require you to be accredited. This licensing ordinarily consists of finishing written exams and then a physical examination or another activity.
Some states will specify that certain curriculum to be done before each assistant can be credentialed. You can talk with your school to find out what these specifications are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific certification that the accredited hygienist receives. The RDH credential attests that you have adequately finished a certified training curriculum, a standard written examination, and maybe a regional or state clinical evaluation.
Programs will be endorsed by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which functions to continue high conditions in the country’s instruction courses and education.
More Dental Opportunities
Courses for dental practice hygienists are available at colleges and online education centers. Dental practice hygienists coach patients about oral hygiene, clean their teeth, perform x-rays of teeth, along with other activities.
One additional career in the dental care field is in the segment of the dental technician. Dental technicians create bridges, crowns, and dentures through working with oral molds or impressions sent in by the dental clinic. Fine hand and eye coordination is a crucial skill to have for this position.
Here are a few to consider:
Are you un-employed, under-employed or looking for a stable career where you can make a real difference? Well then, you have come to the right place.
At locally-owned and nationally accredited IBMC College, you can train for a rewarding, new career, all in as little as 6-23 months! With nearly 20 program options to choose from, at nearby campuses, you will find the path that is just the right fit for you.
- Diploma-Dental Assisting
- Certificate-Expanded Duties Dental Assisting
- Diploma-Medical Assisting
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Denver School of Massage Therapy, that career can be yours.
Classes start November 13!