Would a dental assistant career be something you would be interested in?
If you’ve gone to your dentist’s office and had your teeth checked out, a cavity filled, been given an x-ray, or most any other dental-related procedure, you likely had a dentist’s assistant operating right alongside your dentist helping complete the job. Maybe you are thinking if this type of profession could turn out to be right for your career situation.
If you ever considered this kind of job as your next vocation, you could be interested in understanding that the industry of dental assisting is rising rapidly in Colorado.
Dental assistant training is provided at junior colleges, technical schools, and even through a handful of web-based education centers. Ordinarily, a program like this often take about a year or less to finish.
Working pros might later go on for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This certification process is approved in over 30 states where upon successful finalization, specifies the formal training and vocational accomplishment of dental assistants.
Getting Your License
Right after you graduate from your specialized training course, but before you can begin your first job, some states require you to be accredited. This licensing ordinarily consists of finishing written exams and then a physical examination or another activity.
Some states will specify that certain curriculum to be done before each assistant can be credentialed. You can talk with your school to find out what these specifications are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific certification that the accredited hygienist receives. The RDH credential attests that you have adequately finished a certified training curriculum, a standard written examination, and maybe a regional or state clinical evaluation.
Programs will be endorsed by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which functions to continue high conditions in the country’s instruction courses and education.
More Dental Opportunities
Courses for dental practice hygienists are available at colleges and online education centers. Dental practice hygienists coach patients about oral hygiene, clean their teeth, perform x-rays of teeth, along with other activities.
One additional career in the dental care field is in the segment of the dental technician. Dental technicians create bridges, crowns, and dentures through working with oral molds or impressions sent in by the dental clinic. Fine hand and eye coordination is a crucial skill to have for this position.
Here are a few to consider:
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in CollegeAmerica is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.