Are you interested in a dental assisting career?
If you have ever gone to your dentist’s office and had your teeth checked out, a cavity taken care of, received an x-ray, or most any other dental-related procedure, you very likely had a dentist’s assistant operating just alongside the dentist helping carry out the work. So maybe you’ve been thinking about if this kind of job would end up being perfect for you.
If you are thinking about this particular work for your vocation, you could be interested in learning that the niche of dental assisting is expanding every year in Georgia.
Dental assistant programs may be given at local trade colleges, technical institutes, and even from a couple of internet based learning centers. Normally, these programs often take roughly a year or less to accomplish.
Experienced pros may later go on for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). This certification process is recognized in about 30 states where upon successful completion, recognizes the completed training and industry achievement of these dental workers.
Will You Need a License?
Immediately after graduating from your dental assistant program, but before you can obtain work, several states expect you to be credentialed. This normally consists of passing computer-given exams and also a hands-on evaluation or even some other process.
Some other states will specify that certain classes to be received before each assistant is fully certified. You can talk with your state board to determine just what these requirements are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific designation that the licensed professional hygienist receives. This RDH designation verifies that you’ve properly fulfilled an approved training course, a national written exam, and a regional or state clinical assessment.
Programs are usually approved by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which works to maintain top expectations in the country’s training classes and programs.
Added Dental Opportunities
Courses for potential dental practice hygienists are offered at academic institutions and internet based learning centers. Dental care hygienists educate patients about oral hygiene, inspect and clean their teeth, complete jaw x-rays, and various other assignments.
One additional vocation in the wider dental sectors is in the topic of dental technicians. Dental technicians put together crowns, dentures and bridges by working off of oral impressions or molds submitted from the dentist practice. Suitable hand and eye coordination is a vital skill to have for this dental position.
Schools to consider:
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Office Administration
- Medical Assisting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
Helms College, a nonprofit post-secondary career college operated by Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA, has been granted continued accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Multi-Skilled Medical Assistant
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!