Thinking about going into dental assisting?
If you’ve gone to the dentist and had your teeth cleaned, braces adjusted, a cavity looked at, received x-rays, or other dentist-related procedure, you probably had a dental assistant operating right alongside your dentist helping to complete the job. Perhaps you are wondering if this sort of job position might end up being perfect for you.
If you’ve ever considered this sort of job for your next career, you could be interested in realizing that the field of dental assisting is rising every year in Hawaii.
These dental training programs might be given through junior colleges, vocational schools, and even through a couple online education institutions. Generally, a program like this take around a year or less to complete.
Working pros may often apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This certification process is recognized in over 30 states where upon successful completion, recognizes the training and industry achievement of these healthcare professionals.
Dental Assistant Licensing
Just after you graduate from your career training course, and before you obtain work, a lot of states expect you to be certified. This licensing usually involves passing written exams and then a hands-on assessment or some other procedure.
Some other states require approved courses to be completed before a dental assistant is actually approved. Refer to your school to find out just what these specifications are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the certification that the certified professional hygienist is awarded. This RDH award proves that you’ve adequately fulfilled an authorized training course, a national written examination, and maybe a state clinical review.
Training tend to be recognized by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which works to retain top expectations in the nation’s training classes and education.
Other Dental Opportunities
Courses for prospective dental practice hygienists are available at colleges and web-based learning centers. Dental practice hygienists teach their patients about oral hygiene, clean their teeth, perform jaw x-rays, as well as other activities.
One more vocation in the health care sector is in the area of the dental technician. Dental technicians fabricate bridges, dentures and crowns through working with dental impressions sent in by the dental clinic. Fine eye and hand coordination is a necessary skill to have in this job.
Schools in this category:
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. What began as an academic institution of just 53 students has now grown to more than 38,000. Today USC continues to uphold its tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, fostering a vibrant culture of public service and encouraging students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).