Thinking about going into dental assisting?
If you’ve gone to the dentist and had your teeth cleaned, braces adjusted, a cavity looked at, received x-rays, or other dentist-related procedure, you probably had a dental assistant operating right alongside your dentist helping to complete the job. Perhaps you are wondering if this sort of job position might end up being perfect for you.
If you’ve ever considered this sort of job for your next career, you could be interested in realizing that the field of dental assisting is rising every year in Hawaii.
These dental training programs might be given through junior colleges, vocational schools, and even through a couple online education institutions. Generally, a program like this take around a year or less to complete.
Working pros may often apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This certification process is recognized in over 30 states where upon successful completion, recognizes the training and industry achievement of these healthcare professionals.
Dental Assistant Licensing
Just after you graduate from your career training course, and before you obtain work, a lot of states expect you to be certified. This licensing usually involves passing written exams and then a hands-on assessment or some other procedure.
Some other states require approved courses to be completed before a dental assistant is actually approved. Refer to your school to find out just what these specifications are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the certification that the certified professional hygienist is awarded. This RDH award proves that you’ve adequately fulfilled an authorized training course, a national written examination, and maybe a state clinical review.
Training tend to be recognized by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which works to retain top expectations in the nation’s training classes and education.
Other Dental Opportunities
Courses for prospective dental practice hygienists are available at colleges and web-based learning centers. Dental practice hygienists teach their patients about oral hygiene, clean their teeth, perform jaw x-rays, as well as other activities.
One more vocation in the health care sector is in the area of the dental technician. Dental technicians fabricate bridges, dentures and crowns through working with dental impressions sent in by the dental clinic. Fine eye and hand coordination is a necessary skill to have in this job.
Schools in this category:
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- We're now Non-Profit.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.