Are you interested in becoming a dental assistant?
If you’ve been to the dentist’s office and had your teeth checked, braces adjusted, a cavity looked at, received x-rays, or another dentist-related procedure, you likely had a dental assistant working right next to the dentist helping perform the work. So maybe you’ve been thinking about if this kind of profession would be good for your career situation.
If you are thinking about this type of job for your next vocation, you could be interested in learning that the area of dental assisting is rising quickly in Idaho.
These dental programs are usually offered at community colleges, technical schools, and also at some internet based training centers. Ordinarily, one of these programs would often take up to a year or less to complete.
Experienced assistants may often apply for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This certification process is recognized in about 30 states and after successful finalization, specifies the formal training and professional success of these healthcare specialists.
What Happens After Graduation?
After you graduate from a career training program, before you begin your first job, most states mandate you to be credentialed. This normally will involve finishing written exams in addition to a physical exam or perhaps another activity.
Several states will require prescribed courses to be completed before a dental assistant is actually licensed. Check with your school to figure out what these standards are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the certification that the licensed professional hygienist receives. The RDH credential verifies that you’ve correctly completed an authorized training curriculum, a standardized written exam, or a regional or state clinical assessment.
Programs can be accredited by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which acts to maintain excellent expectations in the country’s training classes and options.
Other Dental Programs
Coursework for prospective dental practice hygienists are also available at academic institutions and internet based education centers. Dental hygienists educate patients about oral hygiene, inspect gums and clean teeth, complete x-rays, and various other responsibilities.
A different program in the dental field is in the topic of the dental technician. Most dental technicians fabricate dentures, crowns and bridges through working off of dental impressions sent in by the dentist office. Suitable hand and eye coordination is a vital skill to have in this dental job.
Schools to take a look at:
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Join GCU's Colangelo College of Business and start down the path to a successful business career.
- Bachelor's and master's degrees that help prepare students to be business leaders.
- Leading-edge degrees that address the demands of contemporary business environments.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- Committed to providing students a values-based education centered on Christian principles
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.