Are you interested in becoming a dental assistant?
If you’ve been to the dentist’s office and had your teeth checked, braces adjusted, a cavity looked at, received x-rays, or another dentist-related procedure, you likely had a dental assistant working right next to the dentist helping perform the work. So maybe you’ve been thinking about if this kind of profession would be good for your career situation.
If you are thinking about this type of job for your next vocation, you could be interested in learning that the area of dental assisting is rising quickly in Idaho.
These dental programs are usually offered at community colleges, technical schools, and also at some internet based training centers. Ordinarily, one of these programs would often take up to a year or less to complete.
Experienced assistants may often apply for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This certification process is recognized in about 30 states and after successful finalization, specifies the formal training and professional success of these healthcare specialists.
What Happens After Graduation?
After you graduate from a career training program, before you begin your first job, most states mandate you to be credentialed. This normally will involve finishing written exams in addition to a physical exam or perhaps another activity.
Several states will require prescribed courses to be completed before a dental assistant is actually licensed. Check with your school to figure out what these standards are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the certification that the licensed professional hygienist receives. The RDH credential verifies that you’ve correctly completed an authorized training curriculum, a standardized written exam, or a regional or state clinical assessment.
Programs can be accredited by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which acts to maintain excellent expectations in the country’s training classes and options.
Other Dental Programs
Coursework for prospective dental practice hygienists are also available at academic institutions and internet based education centers. Dental hygienists educate patients about oral hygiene, inspect gums and clean teeth, complete x-rays, and various other responsibilities.
A different program in the dental field is in the topic of the dental technician. Most dental technicians fabricate dentures, crowns and bridges through working off of dental impressions sent in by the dentist office. Suitable hand and eye coordination is a vital skill to have in this dental job.
Schools to take a look at:
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Utah College of Massage Therapy, that career can be yours.
Massage therapy is a flexible and rewarding career in which you not only take care of others – you also take care of yourself! You can work in a resort spa, cruise ship, medical office, sports clinic, destination spa, or a day spa close to home. You can even start your own private practice!
Classes start November 13!