Are you right for a career in dental assisting?
If you have been to the dentist’s office and had your teeth whitened, braces adjusted, a cavity filled, gotten x-rays, or most any other dentist-related procedure, you most likely had a dental assistant working just alongside your dentist helping complete the job. Maybe you are thinking if this job opportunity might turn out to be good for your situation.
If you are considering this particular job for your next vocation, you may be interested in learning that the field of dental hygienist and assisting is growing quickly in Indiana.
These kinds of programs can be offered at local trade colleges, vocational institutes, and also at a handful of online learning institutions. Typically, a program like this will take around a year or less to accomplish.
Working professionals can later continue on for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This certification procedure is recognized in over 30 states where upon successful completion, recognizes the training and vocational results of these dental specialists.
Immediately after you graduate from your training program, in order to obtain a job, a lot of states call for you to be certified. This licensing most often incorporates passing written tests and a physical evaluation or perhaps some other procedure.
Some states will ask for certain courses to be done before each assistant is finally registered. Consult with your school to identify what those specifications are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific certification that the certified hygienist is awarded. This RDH award proves that you’ve correctly completed an approved training program, a standardized written examination, or a regional or state clinical evaluation.
Training programs are normally certified by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which acts to continue excellent standards in the nation’s training classes and options.
Extra Dental Programs
Coursework for dental hygienists are offered at schools and web-based education centers. Dental care hygienists instruct patients about oral hygiene, clean and polish their teeth, perform teeth x-rays, and other responsibilities.
An alternate career in the wider health care sector is in the topic of dental technicians. Dental technicians produce bridges, crowns, and dentures by working off of oral impressions or molds sent in from the dentist clinic. Excellent eye and hand coordination is a necessary skill to have in this occupation.
A few local and online options:
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.