Are you right for a career in dental assisting?
If you have been to the dentist’s office and had your teeth whitened, braces adjusted, a cavity filled, gotten x-rays, or most any other dentist-related procedure, you most likely had a dental assistant working just alongside your dentist helping complete the job. Maybe you are thinking if this job opportunity might turn out to be good for your situation.
If you are considering this particular job for your next vocation, you may be interested in learning that the field of dental hygienist and assisting is growing quickly in Indiana.
These kinds of programs can be offered at local trade colleges, vocational institutes, and also at a handful of online learning institutions. Typically, a program like this will take around a year or less to accomplish.
Working professionals can later continue on for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This certification procedure is recognized in over 30 states where upon successful completion, recognizes the training and vocational results of these dental specialists.
Immediately after you graduate from your training program, in order to obtain a job, a lot of states call for you to be certified. This licensing most often incorporates passing written tests and a physical evaluation or perhaps some other procedure.
Some states will ask for certain courses to be done before each assistant is finally registered. Consult with your school to identify what those specifications are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific certification that the certified hygienist is awarded. This RDH award proves that you’ve correctly completed an approved training program, a standardized written examination, or a regional or state clinical evaluation.
Training programs are normally certified by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which acts to continue excellent standards in the nation’s training classes and options.
Extra Dental Programs
Coursework for dental hygienists are offered at schools and web-based education centers. Dental care hygienists instruct patients about oral hygiene, clean and polish their teeth, perform teeth x-rays, and other responsibilities.
An alternate career in the wider health care sector is in the topic of dental technicians. Dental technicians produce bridges, crowns, and dentures by working off of oral impressions or molds sent in from the dentist clinic. Excellent eye and hand coordination is a necessary skill to have in this occupation.
A few local and online options:
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Dental Assistant
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students -- their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential -- that's why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That's the Harrison Difference.
- Dental Assistant Diploma
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org