Are you thinking about starting a career in dental assisting?
If you’ve gone to the dentist and had your teeth checked, braces adjusted, a cavity looked at, received x-rays, or most any other dental care procedure, you likely had a dentist’s assistant working just alongside the dentist helping to perform the work. Maybe you’re considering if this kind of job position might be good for your career situation.
If you ever considered this kind of job for your next vocation, you could be interested in understanding that the field of dental hygienist and assisting is rising every year in Iowa.
These courses may be offered at local community colleges, trade schools, and even through certain online learning centers. Normally, a program like this will take around a year or less to get through.
Working assistants may later apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This certification process is used in 30 states where after successful finalization, recognizes the training and professional achievement of these dental specialists.
Will You Need a License?
Immediately after you graduate from a specialized training program, in order to obtain your first job, several states require you to be registered. This licensing most often consists of finishing computer-given tests and then a physical exam or even some other procedure.
A few other states will require sanctioned instruction be taken and successfully passed before the student will be registered. Talk with your school to figure out just what these guidelines are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the status that the approved professional gets. The RDH certification demonstrates you’ve correctly completed a certified training course, a standard written examination, and also a state clinical evaluation.
Training can be recognized by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which functions to keep good expectations in the nation’s training courses and options.
Additional Dental Courses
Coursework for dental hygienists are also available at schools and internet based training centers. Dental hygienists coach patients about oral hygiene, clean and polish teeth, perform teeth x-rays, and other duties.
One more job in the dental business is in the topic of the dental technician. Most dental technicians fabricate dentures, crowns and bridges by working with oral impressions or molds sent in by the dental office. Decent eye and hand coordination is a crucial skill to have in this dental position.
Local or online choices:
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.