Being a dental assistant isn’t right for everyone, but it might be perfect for you.
If you’ve been to the dentist’s office and had your teeth checked, braces adjusted, a cavity taken care of, gotten an x-ray, or another dentist-related procedure, you likely had a dental assistant working right next to your dentist helping them carry out the job. So maybe you’ve been thinking about if this kind of profession would be right for your career situation.
If you’ve ever considered this particular work as your next vocation, you may be interested in learning that the niche of dental hygienist and assisting is growing quickly in Kansas.
These dental training packages are offered through local trade colleges, vocational schools, and even at a few internet based training institutions. Ordinarily, these programs take up to a year or less to get through.
Experienced assistants can later go on for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This official procedure is recognized in 30 states where following successful finalization, identifies the formal education and industry achievement of these dental workers.
What Happens After Graduation?
After you graduate from your specialized training course, and before you begin a job, a lot of states require you to be accredited. This often will require finishing written exams and then a physical assessment or perhaps some other process.
Different states require accepted lessons to be taken before the dental assistant is registered. You can check with your state board to find out just what these standards are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the certification that the licensed professional hygienist acquires. The RDH credential proves that you have successfully fulfilled an accredited training program, a standard written exam, or maybe even a regional clinical exam.
Course programs are generally certified by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which helps to maintain top conditions in the nation’s training courses and programs.
More Dental Courses
Coursework for potential dental care hygienists are also available at colleges and internet based education centers. Dental practice hygienists coach patients about oral hygiene, inspect and clean their teeth, carry out jaw x-rays, along with other tasks.
An additional career in the wider dental care sector is in the topic of the dental technician. Dental technicians put together crowns, bridges and dentures through working off of dental molds or impressions submitted by the dentist office. Suitable eye and hand coordination is an important skill to have in this occupation.
Here are a few choices:
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.