Could you see yourself working as a dental assistant?
Every time you have been to your dentist and had your teeth cleaned, braces adjusted, a cavity taken care of, gotten x-rays, or other dentist-related procedure, you most likely had a dental assistant performing just alongside the dentist helping them do the work. Perhaps you’ve wondered if this profession would turn out to be good for your career situation.
If you are thinking about this kind of work as your occupation, you could be interested in understanding that the field of dental hygienist and assisting is getting bigger each year in Louisiana.
Dental assistant programs may be given at local trade colleges, technical schools, and even at a couple of internet based learning centers. Generally, these programs take roughly a year or less to accomplish.
Experienced professionals may often apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This DANB certification procedure is recognized in about 30 states and following successful completion, acknowledges the completed training and industry accomplishment of these healthcare specialists.
Will You Need a License?
Shortly after you graduate from a vocational training course, in order to start your first job, some states expect you to be certified. This licensing normally incorporates finishing computer-given exams and a hands-on examination or perhaps some other challenge.
Other states require sanctioned curriculum to be taken before the student is fully approved. Visit your school to learn about what those requirements are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific designation that the certified professional earns. The RDH certification verifies you’ve correctly undertaken an approved training program, a standard written review, and maybe a regional or state clinical exam.
Training programs are usually recognized by the Commission on Dental Accreditation which works to keep top standards in the nation’s instruction courses and programs.
Added Dental Options
Coursework for dental hygienists are offered at schools and web-based education centers. Dental practice hygienists teach patients about oral hygiene, clean their teeth, take jaw x-rays, along with other responsibilities.
A different job position in the dental care sector is in the topic of the dental technician. Most dental technicians put together bridges, dentures and crowns through working off of dental molds or impressions sent in by the dentist office. Proper hand and eye coordination is an important skill set to have for this dental job.
Check out some options
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected and innovative Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Occupational Studies
- Medical Office Assistant - Diploma
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.