Could you see yourself working as a dental assistant?
Every time you have been to your dentist and had your teeth cleaned, braces adjusted, a cavity taken care of, gotten x-rays, or other dentist-related procedure, you most likely had a dental assistant performing just alongside the dentist helping them do the work. Perhaps you’ve wondered if this profession would turn out to be good for your career situation.
If you are thinking about this kind of work as your occupation, you could be interested in understanding that the field of dental hygienist and assisting is getting bigger each year in Louisiana.
Dental assistant programs may be given at local trade colleges, technical schools, and even at a couple of internet based learning centers. Generally, these programs take roughly a year or less to accomplish.
Experienced professionals may often apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This DANB certification procedure is recognized in about 30 states and following successful completion, acknowledges the completed training and industry accomplishment of these healthcare specialists.
Will You Need a License?
Shortly after you graduate from a vocational training course, in order to start your first job, some states expect you to be certified. This licensing normally incorporates finishing computer-given exams and a hands-on examination or perhaps some other challenge.
Other states require sanctioned curriculum to be taken before the student is fully approved. Visit your school to learn about what those requirements are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific designation that the certified professional earns. The RDH certification verifies you’ve correctly undertaken an approved training program, a standard written review, and maybe a regional or state clinical exam.
Training programs are usually recognized by the Commission on Dental Accreditation which works to keep top standards in the nation’s instruction courses and programs.
Added Dental Options
Coursework for dental hygienists are offered at schools and web-based education centers. Dental practice hygienists teach patients about oral hygiene, clean their teeth, take jaw x-rays, along with other responsibilities.
A different job position in the dental care sector is in the topic of the dental technician. Most dental technicians put together bridges, dentures and crowns through working off of dental molds or impressions sent in by the dentist office. Proper hand and eye coordination is an important skill set to have for this dental job.
Check out some options
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Assistant
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Dental Assistant - Diploma
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org