Do you think you would match well with a career as a dental assistant?
If you’ve ever been to the dentist’s office and had your teeth checked out, a cavity looked at, received an x-ray, or most any other dental-related procedure, you generally had a dentist’s assistant operating just alongside your dentist helping do the work. Maybe you’ve wondered if this kind of job might end up being good for your career situation.
If you are considering this sort of work as your occupation, you could be interested in realizing that the niche of dental hygienist and assisting is getting bigger quickly in Maine.
These types of programs are given through local trade colleges, technical institutes, and also through some online education centers. Normally, these programs will take around a year or less to get through.
Experienced pros may often apply for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This DANB official process is used in 30 states where upon successful completion, recognizes the training and industry accomplishment of these dental specialists.
Licensing of Dental Assistants
Immediately after successfully graduating from a specialized training program, before you can begin your first job, most states expect you to be licensed. This ordinarily involves sitting for one or two computer-given tests plus a physical assessment or some other challenge.
Some states want accepted curriculum be received before the dental assistant is registered. You can check with your state board to see just what those specifications are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the status that the licensed professional hygienist earns. This RDH certification proves that you have properly undertaken an approved training curriculum, a national written review, or a state clinical assessment.
Training programs are typically certified by the Commission of Dental Accreditation which acts to retain good expectations in the nation’s instruction courses and options.
Other Dental Programs
Courses for dental practice hygienists are also available at colleges and online education centers. Dental care hygienists educate their patients about oral hygiene, inspect gums and clean teeth, take teeth x-rays, and various other responsibilities.
An additional job position in the dental field is in the segment of the dental technician. Dental technicians put together crowns, dentures and bridges by working with dental impressions or molds submitted from the dental practice. Good eye and hand coordination is a necessary skill to have in this position.
Check out some popular choices:
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. What began as an academic institution of just 53 students has now grown to more than 38,000. Today USC continues to uphold its tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, fostering a vibrant culture of public service and encouraging students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).