Do you think you would match well with a career as a dental assistant?
If you’ve ever been to the dentist’s office and had your teeth checked out, a cavity looked at, received an x-ray, or most any other dental-related procedure, you generally had a dentist’s assistant operating just alongside your dentist helping do the work. Maybe you’ve wondered if this kind of job might end up being good for your career situation.
If you are considering this sort of work as your occupation, you could be interested in realizing that the niche of dental hygienist and assisting is getting bigger quickly in Maine.
These types of programs are given through local trade colleges, technical institutes, and also through some online education centers. Normally, these programs will take around a year or less to get through.
Experienced pros may often apply for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This DANB official process is used in 30 states where upon successful completion, recognizes the training and industry accomplishment of these dental specialists.
Licensing of Dental Assistants
Immediately after successfully graduating from a specialized training program, before you can begin your first job, most states expect you to be licensed. This ordinarily involves sitting for one or two computer-given tests plus a physical assessment or some other challenge.
Some states want accepted curriculum be received before the dental assistant is registered. You can check with your state board to see just what those specifications are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the status that the licensed professional hygienist earns. This RDH certification proves that you have properly undertaken an approved training curriculum, a national written review, or a state clinical assessment.
Training programs are typically certified by the Commission of Dental Accreditation which acts to retain good expectations in the nation’s instruction courses and options.
Other Dental Programs
Courses for dental practice hygienists are also available at colleges and online education centers. Dental care hygienists educate their patients about oral hygiene, inspect gums and clean teeth, take teeth x-rays, and various other responsibilities.
An additional job position in the dental field is in the segment of the dental technician. Dental technicians put together crowns, dentures and bridges by working with dental impressions or molds submitted from the dental practice. Good eye and hand coordination is a necessary skill to have in this position.
Check out some popular choices:
- Professional Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Join GCU's Colangelo College of Business and start down the path to a successful business career.
- Bachelor's and master's degrees that help prepare students to be business leaders.
- Leading-edge degrees that address the demands of contemporary business environments.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- Committed to providing students a values-based education centered on Christian principles
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.