Do you think a dental assisting career would be a good fit for you?
If you’ve gone to the dentist and had your teeth checked out, a cavity filled, gotten an x-ray, or other dental care procedure, you probably had a dental assistant working right next to the dentist helping to do the work. So maybe you’re considering if this kind of job role would be right for you.
If you ever considered this type of work for your next occupation, you might be interested in realizing that the industry of dental hygienist and assisting is growing bigger each year in Maryland.
This type of dental courses are often provided at local trade colleges, technical institutes, and even from a couple of internet based education institutions. Normally, a program like this take up to a year or less to accomplish.
Working professionals may later apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). This official process is recognized in about 30 states where following successful completion, acknowledges the knowledge and professional accomplishment of these healthcare professionals.
What Happens After Graduation?
After you graduate from a career training program, before you can obtain your first actual job, most states expect you to be accredited. This licensing most often will require finishing written tests and a physical assessment or even another process.
A few other states require certain lessons to be done before a student is accredited. You can check with your state board to learn about just what those conditions are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific status that the licensed professional hygienist earns. This RDH credential proves you have adequately undertaken an accredited training course, a standard written examination, and also a regional clinical exam.
Training programs can be approved by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which acts to maintain good standards in the nation’s training schools and options.
Extra Dental Courses
Classes for prospective dental hygienists are also available at colleges and web-based training centers. Dental care hygienists coach patients about oral hygiene, clean their teeth, take teeth x-rays, as well as other responsibilities.
An additional job in the greater dental sector is in the topic of the dental technician. Dental technicians build crowns, dentures and bridges by working with oral impressions or molds submitted from the dentist clinic. Good hand and eye coordination is a crucial skill to have in this dental position.
Schools in Maryland or online:
- Fortis Medical Assistant Program
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
The Metropolitan Institute of Health and Technology (MIHT) is dedicated to educating men and women to serve with confidence in the health and technology industry. MIHT provides career training for students to move forward in their chosen field of study, changing their lives for the better. MIHT strives to provide quality education with affordable tuition. Our staff works to determine the best financial options for students on an individualized level.
- Dental Assisting
- Clinical Medical Assisting
- Electronic Health Records
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.