Do you think a dental assisting career would be a good fit for you?
If you’ve gone to the dentist and had your teeth checked out, a cavity filled, gotten an x-ray, or other dental care procedure, you probably had a dental assistant working right next to the dentist helping to do the work. So maybe you’re considering if this kind of job role would be right for you.
If you ever considered this type of work for your next occupation, you might be interested in realizing that the industry of dental hygienist and assisting is growing bigger each year in Maryland.
This type of dental courses are often provided at local trade colleges, technical institutes, and even from a couple of internet based education institutions. Normally, a program like this take up to a year or less to accomplish.
Working professionals may later apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). This official process is recognized in about 30 states where following successful completion, acknowledges the knowledge and professional accomplishment of these healthcare professionals.
What Happens After Graduation?
After you graduate from a career training program, before you can obtain your first actual job, most states expect you to be accredited. This licensing most often will require finishing written tests and a physical assessment or even another process.
A few other states require certain lessons to be done before a student is accredited. You can check with your state board to learn about just what those conditions are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific status that the licensed professional hygienist earns. This RDH credential proves you have adequately undertaken an accredited training course, a standard written examination, and also a regional clinical exam.
Training programs can be approved by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which acts to maintain good standards in the nation’s training schools and options.
Extra Dental Courses
Classes for prospective dental hygienists are also available at colleges and web-based training centers. Dental care hygienists coach patients about oral hygiene, clean their teeth, take teeth x-rays, as well as other responsibilities.
An additional job in the greater dental sector is in the topic of the dental technician. Dental technicians build crowns, dentures and bridges by working with oral impressions or molds submitted from the dentist clinic. Good hand and eye coordination is a crucial skill to have in this dental position.
Schools in Maryland or online:
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.