Are you thinking about earning a dental assistant diploma?
If you’ve gone to your dentist and had your teeth checked, braces adjusted, a cavity looked at, received x-rays, or another oral health care procedure, you likely had a dentist’s assistant working right next to your dentist helping complete the work. So maybe you’ve wondered if this kind of profession might turn out to be right for your job situation.
If you ever considered this type of work for your next vocation, you could be interested in realizing that the niche of dental hygienist and assisting is growing rapidly in Massachusetts.
These dental packages are usually offered at community colleges, vocational institutes, and even at a couple online education institutions. Normally, a program like this will take up to a year or less to accomplish.
Working professionals can later go on for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This DANB official program is used in over 30 states and upon successful completion, identifies the education and professional accomplishment of these dental specialists.
What Happens After Graduation?
Right after graduating from your training program, before you start work, several states expect you to be licensed. This generally incorporates sitting for one or two computer-given exams and a physical exam or perhaps some other procedure.
Different states want prescribed curriculum to be taken before a student will be licensed. Refer to your school to find out what those requirements are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the status that the accredited professional is awarded. This RDH certification demonstrates that you have adequately undertaken an accredited training course, a national written exam, or maybe even a regional clinical assessment.
Course programs are normally certified by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which functions to continue high standards in the country’s training classes and programs.
Extra Dental Options
Programs for prospective dental practice hygienists are available at colleges and web-based training centers. Dental hygienists teach patients about oral hygiene, clean their teeth, carry out x-rays of teeth, and other assignments.
An additional vocation in the broader dental care business is in the topic of dental technicians. Dental technicians fabricate crowns, dentures and bridges by working with oral impressions submitted from the dentist’s practice. Proper eye and hand coordination is a vital skill to have for this occupation.
Options for Massachusetts students:
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Assisting
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. What began as an academic institution of just 53 students has now grown to more than 38,000. Today USC continues to uphold its tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, fostering a vibrant culture of public service and encouraging students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
- Master of Public Administration
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (General Concentration)
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The Center For Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy Offers:
- Full-time and Part-time Classes
- Hands-On Training in multiple modalities of bodywork
- Experienced and Dedicated Faculty
- Innovative and Cutting-edge Curriculum
- Financial Aid for those who qualify
- Scholarship and Grant Opportunities
- LIFETIME Career Placement Services
The Center for Natural Wellness School of Massage Therapy is the perfect place to start training for your massage therapy career.
- Diploma in Massage Therapy