Are you thinking about earning a dental assistant diploma?
If you’ve gone to your dentist and had your teeth checked, braces adjusted, a cavity looked at, received x-rays, or another oral health care procedure, you likely had a dentist’s assistant working right next to your dentist helping complete the work. So maybe you’ve wondered if this kind of profession might turn out to be right for your job situation.
If you ever considered this type of work for your next vocation, you could be interested in realizing that the niche of dental hygienist and assisting is growing rapidly in Massachusetts.
These dental packages are usually offered at community colleges, vocational institutes, and even at a couple online education institutions. Normally, a program like this will take up to a year or less to accomplish.
Working professionals can later go on for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This DANB official program is used in over 30 states and upon successful completion, identifies the education and professional accomplishment of these dental specialists.
What Happens After Graduation?
Right after graduating from your training program, before you start work, several states expect you to be licensed. This generally incorporates sitting for one or two computer-given exams and a physical exam or perhaps some other procedure.
Different states want prescribed curriculum to be taken before a student will be licensed. Refer to your school to find out what those requirements are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the status that the accredited professional is awarded. This RDH certification demonstrates that you have adequately undertaken an accredited training course, a national written exam, or maybe even a regional clinical assessment.
Course programs are normally certified by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which functions to continue high standards in the country’s training classes and programs.
Extra Dental Options
Programs for prospective dental practice hygienists are available at colleges and web-based training centers. Dental hygienists teach patients about oral hygiene, clean their teeth, carry out x-rays of teeth, and other assignments.
An additional vocation in the broader dental care business is in the topic of dental technicians. Dental technicians fabricate crowns, dentures and bridges by working with oral impressions submitted from the dentist’s practice. Proper eye and hand coordination is a vital skill to have for this occupation.
Options for Massachusetts students:
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Master of Healthcare Administration (M.H.A.)
- Veterinary Assisting
- Join GCU's Colangelo College of Business and start down the path to a successful business career.
- Bachelor's and master's degrees that help prepare students to be business leaders.
- Leading-edge degrees that address the demands of contemporary business environments.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- Committed to providing students a values-based education centered on Christian principles
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.
- Master of Public Health Online