Are you interested in a new career as a dental assistant?
If you’ve gone to the dentist and had your teeth checked, a cavity taken care of, received an x-ray, or most any other dental-related procedure, you most likely had a dental assistant operating right next to your dentist helping them perform the work. Perhaps you’ve been thinking about if this kind of job would end up being perfect for you.
If you are considering this type of work for your career, you might be interested in knowing that the niche of dental hygienist and assisting is rising rapidly in Michigan.
These dental training programs tend to be offered at local community colleges, vocational schools, and also through a couple web-based learning institutions. Ordinarily, one of these programs would often take about a year or less to finish.
Working pros might later apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This DANB certification procedure is approved in 30 states where upon successful completion, recognizes the formal training and vocational achievements of these healthcare professionals.
Getting Your License
After successfully graduating from your specialized training program, in order to obtain a job, many states require you to be licensed. This licensing normally consists of finishing computer-given exams and also a physical evaluation or perhaps some other challenge.
Some other states want approved lessons to be received before a applicant will be accredited. You can talk with your state board to identify just what those conditions are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the status that the authorized hygienist gets. This RDH designation indicates you have successfully completed an accredited training curriculum, a standardized written test, and a regional clinical review.
Training programs are usually endorsed by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which helps to retain high standards in the country’s training classes and programs.
Other Dental Opportunities
Courses for potential dental practice hygienists are also available at schools and online education centers. Dental practice hygienists educate their patients about oral hygiene, clean teeth, complete jaw x-rays, in addition to other duties.
One additional vocation in the wider dental industry is in the topic of dental technicians. Most dental technicians produce bridges, dentures and crowns by working with oral impressions or molds submitted by the dentist’s clinic. Proper eye and hand coordination is a crucial skill set to have in this dental occupation.
Here is our current list:
Career Quest Learning Centers offers programs in business, information technology, and health care that are designed to get you into your new career fast.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Dorsey has been a trusted career training school in Michigan for over 80 years!
We offer training programs designed to prepare our students for careers in fields such as healthcare, beauty, culinary, and skilled trades
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org