Are you interested in a new career as a dental assistant?
If you’ve gone to the dentist and had your teeth checked, a cavity taken care of, received an x-ray, or most any other dental-related procedure, you most likely had a dental assistant operating right next to your dentist helping them perform the work. Perhaps you’ve been thinking about if this kind of job would end up being perfect for you.
If you are considering this type of work for your career, you might be interested in knowing that the niche of dental hygienist and assisting is rising rapidly in Michigan.
These dental training programs tend to be offered at local community colleges, vocational schools, and also through a couple web-based learning institutions. Ordinarily, one of these programs would often take about a year or less to finish.
Working pros might later apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This DANB certification procedure is approved in 30 states where upon successful completion, recognizes the formal training and vocational achievements of these healthcare professionals.
Getting Your License
After successfully graduating from your specialized training program, in order to obtain a job, many states require you to be licensed. This licensing normally consists of finishing computer-given exams and also a physical evaluation or perhaps some other challenge.
Some other states want approved lessons to be received before a applicant will be accredited. You can talk with your state board to identify just what those conditions are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the status that the authorized hygienist gets. This RDH designation indicates you have successfully completed an accredited training curriculum, a standardized written test, and a regional clinical review.
Training programs are usually endorsed by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which helps to retain high standards in the country’s training classes and programs.
Other Dental Opportunities
Courses for potential dental practice hygienists are also available at schools and online education centers. Dental practice hygienists educate their patients about oral hygiene, clean teeth, complete jaw x-rays, in addition to other duties.
One additional vocation in the wider dental industry is in the topic of dental technicians. Most dental technicians produce bridges, dentures and crowns by working with oral impressions or molds submitted by the dentist’s clinic. Proper eye and hand coordination is a crucial skill set to have in this dental occupation.
Here is our current list:
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Dorsey has been a trusted career training school in Michigan for over 80 years!
We offer training programs designed to prepare our students for careers in fields such as healthcare, beauty, culinary, and skilled trades
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Career Quest Learning Centers offers programs in business, information technology, and health care that are designed to get you into your new career fast.
- Medical Assistant
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.