A career in dental assisting is attainable if you are interested in it.
If you’ve gone to the dentist and had your teeth checked, a cavity taken care of, received an x-ray, or most any other dental-related procedure, you most likely had a dental assistant operating right next to your dentist helping them perform the work. Perhaps you’ve been thinking about if this kind of job would end up being perfect for you.
If you are considering this type of work for your career, you might be interested in knowing that the niche of dental hygienist and assisting is rising rapidly in Minnesota.
These dental training programs tend to be offered at local community colleges, vocational schools, and also through a couple web-based learning institutions. Ordinarily, one of these programs would often take about a year or less to finish.
Working pros might later apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This DANB certification procedure is approved in 30 states where upon successful completion, recognizes the formal training and vocational achievements of these healthcare professionals.
Getting Your License
After successfully graduating from your specialized training program, in order to obtain a job, many states require you to be licensed. This licensing normally consists of finishing computer-given exams and also a physical evaluation or perhaps some other challenge.
Some other states want approved lessons to be received before a applicant will be accredited. You can talk with your state board to identify just what those conditions are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the status that the authorized hygienist gets. This RDH designation indicates you have successfully completed an accredited training curriculum, a standardized written test, and a regional clinical review.
Training programs are usually endorsed by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which helps to retain high standards in the country’s training classes and programs.
Other Dental Opportunities
Courses for potential dental practice hygienists are also available at schools and online education centers. Dental practice hygienists educate their patients about oral hygiene, clean teeth, complete jaw x-rays, in addition to other duties.
One additional vocation in the wider dental industry is in the topic of dental technicians. Most dental technicians produce bridges, dentures and crowns by working with oral impressions or molds submitted by the dentist’s clinic. Proper eye and hand coordination is a crucial skill set to have in this dental occupation.
Choices to consider:
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Dental Hygiene (AS)
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.