Do you have an interest in becoming a dental assistant?
Every time you have gone to your dentist and had your teeth cleaned, a cavity taken care of, received x-rays, or another dental procedure, you probably had a dentist’s assistant working right next to your dentist helping to complete the work. Perhaps you are wondering if that profession could turn out to be good for your career situation.
If you are considering this sort of work as your next occupation, you might be interested in learning that the field of dental assisting is growing quickly in Mississippi.
These dental classes are often offered at local community colleges, vocational institutes, and also at a few web-based learning centers. Ordinarily, these programs will take up to a year or less to complete.
Experienced assistants can often go on for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This DANB certification procedure is approved in 30 states where following successful finalization, specifies the assets and professional achievements of these healthcare professionals.
Getting Your License
Immediately after successfully graduating from your short training program, before you start your first job, quite a few states mandate you to be registered. This usually will require finishing computer-given tests and then a hands-on examination or perhaps another task.
Some other states require sanctioned curriculum to be completed before each applicant is finally accredited. Refer to your state board to find out what these standards are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the designation that the approved hygienist is awarded. The RDH award demonstrates you’ve properly completed a certified training program, a standardized written test, or a state clinical review.
Training will be certified by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which operates to continue good conditions in the country’s instruction classes and options.
Extra Dental Programs
Courses for prospective dental hygienists are offered at colleges and web-based learning centers. Dental hygienists instruct patients about oral hygiene, clean teeth, perform mouth x-rays, as well as other duties.
Yet another vocation in the dental care sectors is in the segment of the dental technician. Dental technicians build crowns, bridges and dentures through working with oral impressions or molds sent in from the dental clinic. Fine hand and eye coordination is a vital skill to have for this occupation.
Schools you might consider:
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dialysis Technician - Diploma
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!