Do you have the qualities to succeed as a dental assistant?
If you have been to your dentist’s office and had your teeth checked out, braces adjusted, a cavity looked at, received an x-ray, or most other dental-related procedure, you most likely had a dental assistant operating right alongside the dentist helping perform the work. Perhaps you’re questioning if this job position would turn out to be right for your job situation.
If you are thinking about this sort of work for your career, you could be interested in realizing that the niche of dental hygienist and assisting is expanding quickly in Missouri.
These kinds of courses might be provided through local trade colleges, vocational schools, and even at a handful of online training institutions. Typically, one of these programs would take roughly a year or less to complete.
Working pros can later continue on for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This official process is approved in about 30 states and upon successful finalization, recognizes the knowledge and vocational accomplishment of these healthcare professionals.
Licensing of Dental Assistants
Shortly after you graduate from a vocational training program, but before you can start your first job, several states want you to be accredited. This ordinarily will require passing written exams in addition to a physical assessment or even some other activity.
A few states want sanctioned courses to be done before each applicant is finally licensed. You can check with your state board to learn about just what these requirements are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific certification that the registered professional earns. This RDH designation shows you’ve adequately fulfilled an accredited training curriculum, a national written examination, and also a regional or state clinical assessment.
Training are often endorsed by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which functions to continue top expectations in the country’s training courses and programs.
Additional Dental Courses
Coursework for potential dental practice hygienists are available at colleges and web-based education centers. Dental hygienists instruct patients about oral hygiene, clean their teeth, carry out x-rays of teeth, and other responsibilities.
Another career in the dental care business is in the segment of dental technicians. Dental technicians produce bridges, dentures and crowns by working off of dental impressions submitted from the dentist’s office. Fine hand and eye coordination is an important skill to have in this dental occupation.
Look through these schools:
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Join GCU's Colangelo College of Business and start down the path to a successful business career.
- Bachelor's and master's degrees that help prepare students to be business leaders.
- Leading-edge degrees that address the demands of contemporary business environments.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- Committed to providing students a values-based education centered on Christian principles
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.