Do you have what it takes for a career in dental assisting?
If you have ever gone to the dentist and had your teeth whitened, a cavity taken care of, gotten x-rays, or another dental procedure, you generally had a dentist’s assistant operating right alongside the dentist helping them complete the work. Maybe you are wondering if this sort of profession could end up being right for you.
If you are thinking about this sort of work as your occupation, you may be interested in realizing that the niche of dental assisting is growing every year in Montana.
This training is usually given through local trade colleges, trade institutes, and also through a handful of online training centers. Typically, one of these programs would will take around a year or less to complete.
Working assistants might later go on for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This DANB official program is endorsed in 30 states and after successful completion, acknowledges the formal education and industry success of these dental workers.
Will You Need a License?
Immediately after you graduate from your training course, before you start your first actual job, quite a few states mandate you to be credentialed. This usually requires sitting for one or two computer-given tests plus a physical assessment or another activity.
Some other states will require approved curriculum be taken before the student is fully licensed. Consult your school to figure out what these requirements are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the designation that the licensed hygienist acquires. This RDH designation demonstrates that you have properly finished an approved training curriculum, a standard written review, or a regional or state clinical review.
Training programs will be approved by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which helps to retain high conditions in the nation’s training courses and options.
Additional Dental Opportunities
Classes for potential dental care hygienists are also available at schools and online training centers. Dental hygienists coach their patients about oral hygiene, inspect and clean their teeth, complete mouth x-rays, and various other tasks.
One more job position in the greater dental care sectors is in the topic of the dental technician. Dental technicians put together bridges, crowns, and dentures through working off of oral impressions sent in from the dentist’s office. Decent eye and hand coordination is a vital skill to have in this position.
Look at these choices:
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. What began as an academic institution of just 53 students has now grown to more than 38,000. Today USC continues to uphold its tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, fostering a vibrant culture of public service and encouraging students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).