Do you have what it takes for a career in dental assisting?
If you have ever gone to the dentist and had your teeth whitened, a cavity taken care of, gotten x-rays, or another dental procedure, you generally had a dentist’s assistant operating right alongside the dentist helping them complete the work. Maybe you are wondering if this sort of profession could end up being right for you.
If you are thinking about this sort of work as your occupation, you may be interested in realizing that the niche of dental assisting is growing every year in Montana.
This training is usually given through local trade colleges, trade institutes, and also through a handful of online training centers. Typically, one of these programs would will take around a year or less to complete.
Working assistants might later go on for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This DANB official program is endorsed in 30 states and after successful completion, acknowledges the formal education and industry success of these dental workers.
Will You Need a License?
Immediately after you graduate from your training course, before you start your first actual job, quite a few states mandate you to be credentialed. This usually requires sitting for one or two computer-given tests plus a physical assessment or another activity.
Some other states will require approved curriculum be taken before the student is fully licensed. Consult your school to figure out what these requirements are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the designation that the licensed hygienist acquires. This RDH designation demonstrates that you have properly finished an approved training curriculum, a standard written review, or a regional or state clinical review.
Training programs will be approved by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which helps to retain high conditions in the nation’s training courses and options.
Additional Dental Opportunities
Classes for potential dental care hygienists are also available at schools and online training centers. Dental hygienists coach their patients about oral hygiene, inspect and clean their teeth, complete mouth x-rays, and various other tasks.
One more job position in the greater dental care sectors is in the topic of the dental technician. Dental technicians put together bridges, crowns, and dentures through working off of oral impressions sent in from the dentist’s office. Decent eye and hand coordination is a vital skill to have in this position.
Look at these choices:
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.