Does a dental assisting career sound interesting to you?
If you have ever gone to your dentist and had your teeth whitened, a cavity filled, received x-rays, or any other dental-related procedure, you likely had a dentist’s assistant working right next to your dentist helping to carry out the job. So maybe you are thinking if this kind of job opportunity would turn out to be right for you.
If you are considering this type of job as your next occupation, you could be interested in learning that the field of dental assisting is rising rapidly in Nebraska.
Dental assistant — these can be given through local trade colleges, trade institutes, and also from some web-based training institutions. Generally, a program like this take about a year or less to get through.
Experienced assistants might later apply for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This certification program is used in 30 states and upon successful completion, acknowledges the formal training and vocational achievement of these dental workers.
Licensing of Dental Assistants
Immediately after graduating from a career training program, and before you obtain your first job, some states ask you to be registered. This typically will involve passing written exams and then a physical assessment or perhaps some other process.
Other states will ask for prescribed instruction be taken before the assistant is actually registered. Visit your state board to check out what those standards are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the certification that the licensed professional gets. The RDH credential establishes you’ve properly finished an authorized training program, a standard written examination, and a regional or state clinical assessment.
Course programs can be accredited by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which functions to keep top conditions in the nation’s training classes and programs.
Additional Dental Opportunities
Programs for dental practice hygienists are also available at colleges and web-based training centers. Dental practice hygienists instruct their patients about oral hygiene, clean and polish their teeth, carry out teeth x-rays, and other tasks.
One more job position in the wider dental care sector is in the topic of the dental technician. Most dental technicians create dentures, crowns and bridges through working with dental impressions sent in by the dentist clinic. Suitable hand and eye coordination is a crucial skill set to have for this position.
Glance through these programs:
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. What began as an academic institution of just 53 students has now grown to more than 38,000. Today USC continues to uphold its tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, fostering a vibrant culture of public service and encouraging students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).