Does a dental assisting career sound interesting to you?
If you have ever gone to your dentist and had your teeth whitened, a cavity filled, received x-rays, or any other dental-related procedure, you likely had a dentist’s assistant working right next to your dentist helping to carry out the job. So maybe you are thinking if this kind of job opportunity would turn out to be right for you.
If you are considering this type of job as your next occupation, you could be interested in learning that the field of dental assisting is rising rapidly in Nebraska.
Dental assistant — these can be given through local trade colleges, trade institutes, and also from some web-based training institutions. Generally, a program like this take about a year or less to get through.
Experienced assistants might later apply for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This certification program is used in 30 states and upon successful completion, acknowledges the formal training and vocational achievement of these dental workers.
Licensing of Dental Assistants
Immediately after graduating from a career training program, and before you obtain your first job, some states ask you to be registered. This typically will involve passing written exams and then a physical assessment or perhaps some other process.
Other states will ask for prescribed instruction be taken before the assistant is actually registered. Visit your state board to check out what those standards are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the certification that the licensed professional gets. The RDH credential establishes you’ve properly finished an authorized training program, a standard written examination, and a regional or state clinical assessment.
Course programs can be accredited by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which functions to keep top conditions in the nation’s training classes and programs.
Additional Dental Opportunities
Programs for dental practice hygienists are also available at colleges and web-based training centers. Dental practice hygienists instruct their patients about oral hygiene, clean and polish their teeth, carry out teeth x-rays, and other tasks.
One more job position in the wider dental care sector is in the topic of the dental technician. Most dental technicians create dentures, crowns and bridges through working with dental impressions sent in by the dentist clinic. Suitable hand and eye coordination is a crucial skill set to have for this position.
Glance through these programs:
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.