Does a career in dental assisting interest you?
Each time you have gone to your dentist and had your teeth whitened, braces adjusted, a cavity filled, received an x-ray, or another dental-related procedure, you generally had a dental assistant performing right alongside your dentist helping them complete the work. So maybe you are thinking if this sort of job opportunity could end up being right for you.
If you are considering this kind of job as your vocation, you might be interested in learning that the industry of dental hygienist and assisting is growing every year in Nevada.
These types of programs are often provided through local trade colleges, vocational institutes, and also from some online education institutions. Generally, a program like this take around a year or less to get through.
Experienced professionals might often go on for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). This DANB certification procedure is endorsed in about 30 states and after successful completion, acknowledges the completed education and vocational success of these healthcare professionals.
Just after you graduate from your vocational training program, and before you can begin a job, several states expect you to be authorized. This most often consists of completing written tests together with a physical examination or another task.
Some other states require prescribed instruction be done before the dental assistant will be approved. Visit your state board to learn about just what these requirements are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific status that the licensed professional earns. The RDH designation proves that you’ve adequately undertaken an authorized training curriculum, a standardized written review, or maybe even a state clinical review.
Training programs can be endorsed by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which acts to continue good expectations in the nation’s instruction schools and programs.
More Dental Courses
Courses for dental care hygienists are available at colleges and online training centers. Dental care hygienists instruct patients about oral hygiene, clean and polish their teeth, perform x-rays, and other tasks.
An alternative vocation in the dental care field is in the area of dental technicians. Dental technicians put together crowns, bridges and dentures by working with dental impressions sent in from the dental clinic. Suitable hand and eye coordination is an important skill to have for this dental position.
Schools that might work for you:
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
Prepare for a Career That You Will Love … in Massage Therapy!
Do you want a career that offers the satisfaction of helping people and a work environment that is positive and exciting? With the education you will receive at the Nevada School of Massage Therapy, that career can be yours.
Classes start November 13!
Maryville University is a private university in St. Louis County, Missouri. Founded in 1872, Maryville University is a comprehensive and nationally ranked private institution with an enrollment of more than 6,800 students.
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. What began as an academic institution of just 53 students has now grown to more than 38,000. Today USC continues to uphold its tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, fostering a vibrant culture of public service and encouraging students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).