Does a career in dental assisting interest you?
Each time you have gone to your dentist and had your teeth whitened, braces adjusted, a cavity filled, received an x-ray, or another dental-related procedure, you generally had a dental assistant performing right alongside your dentist helping them complete the work. So maybe you are thinking if this sort of job opportunity could end up being right for you.
If you are considering this kind of job as your vocation, you might be interested in learning that the industry of dental hygienist and assisting is growing every year in Nevada.
These types of programs are often provided through local trade colleges, vocational institutes, and also from some online education institutions. Generally, a program like this take around a year or less to get through.
Experienced professionals might often go on for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). This DANB certification procedure is endorsed in about 30 states and after successful completion, acknowledges the completed education and vocational success of these healthcare professionals.
Just after you graduate from your vocational training program, and before you can begin a job, several states expect you to be authorized. This most often consists of completing written tests together with a physical examination or another task.
Some other states require prescribed instruction be done before the dental assistant will be approved. Visit your state board to learn about just what these requirements are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific status that the licensed professional earns. The RDH designation proves that you’ve adequately undertaken an authorized training curriculum, a standardized written review, or maybe even a state clinical review.
Training programs can be endorsed by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which acts to continue good expectations in the nation’s instruction schools and programs.
More Dental Courses
Courses for dental care hygienists are available at colleges and online training centers. Dental care hygienists instruct patients about oral hygiene, clean and polish their teeth, perform x-rays, and other tasks.
An alternative vocation in the dental care field is in the area of dental technicians. Dental technicians put together crowns, bridges and dentures by working with dental impressions sent in from the dental clinic. Suitable hand and eye coordination is an important skill to have for this dental position.
Schools that might work for you:
- Dental Assistant
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.