Dental assisting can be a great career — is it right for you?
Every time you have been to your dentist and had your teeth checked, braces adjusted, a cavity taken care of, received x-rays, or most any other dental procedure, you most likely had a dentist’s assistant performing just alongside your dentist helping perform the work. Perhaps you’re considering if this type of profession could be good for you.
If you are thinking about this sort of work for your next vocation, you may be interested in realizing that the industry of dental hygienist and assisting is growing bigger every year in New Mexico.
These kinds of programs are often provided through junior colleges, vocational institutes, and also from a handful of internet based learning centers. Normally, these programs take up to a year or less to finish.
Working professionals can often apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This DANB certification procedure is endorsed in over 30 states where following successful finalization, recognizes the education and professional achievement of these healthcare specialists.
Will You Need a License?
Right after graduating from a dental assistant program, but before you can obtain your initial job, some states require you to be certified. This licensing generally will require finishing written exams and a physical assessment or even another activity.
Some other states want prescribed instruction to be received before a applicant is credentialed. Visit your school to check out just what those guidelines are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific certification that the authorized professional hygienist gets. This RDH certification indicates you’ve adequately fulfilled a certified training course, a national written exam, and also a state clinical assessment.
Training programs are normally accredited by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which works to retain excellent standards in the nation’s instruction classes and options.
Extra Dental Opportunities
Classes for potential dental practice hygienists are available at academic institutions and web-based learning centers. Dental hygienists instruct patients about oral hygiene, clean and polish their teeth, carry out x-rays of teeth, and various other activities.
One more program in the greater health care sector is in the area of the dental technician. Dental technicians fabricate crowns, dentures and bridges by working off of oral molds or impressions submitted from the dentist’s office. Fine hand and eye coordination is a vital skill to have in this dental job.
Schools you could consider:
Your success is our priority. For more than 40 years, we have dedicated ourselves to healthcare education because we want you to become the best healthcare professional possible. Our instructors and staff are dedicated to providing you with the in-demand, hands-on education employers expect so that you may thrive in your profession. Pima Medical Institute started changing lives in 1972 when Richard Luebke Sr. and his wife, JoAnn, brought to life their dream of providing students with a quality medical career education.
- Certificate - Dental Assistant
- Certificate - Medical Administrative Assistant
- Certificate - Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Assistant
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Join GCU's Colangelo College of Business and start down the path to a successful business career.
- Bachelor's and master's degrees that help prepare students to be business leaders.
- Leading-edge degrees that address the demands of contemporary business environments.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- Committed to providing students a values-based education centered on Christian principles