Thinking about becoming a dental assistant student?
If you have ever been to the dentist and had your teeth cleaned, a cavity taken care of, been given x-rays, or most any other dental care procedure, you most likely had a dental assistant operating right next to your dentist helping do the job. Perhaps you are thinking if this job position may be right for your job situation.
If you ever considered this sort of work as your career, you could be interested in realizing that the area of dental assisting is growing bigger each year in New York.
These dental packages can be provided at local trade colleges, technical schools, and also from some online education institutions. Normally, a program like this often take roughly a year or less to accomplish.
Experienced professionals can often go on for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). This DANB official process is recognized in 30 states and upon successful finalization, identifies the education and vocational achievements of these healthcare specialists.
After graduating from your training course, before you can begin a job, quite a few states require you to be authorized. This licensing commonly requires sitting for one or two computer-given tests and also a hands-on assessment or some other procedure.
Some states will ask for approved instruction be completed before a assistant can be approved. Consult with your school to learn what these standards are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific status that the certified hygienist acquires. The RDH designation proves that you’ve adequately finished an accredited training curriculum, a national written exam, and a regional clinical evaluation.
Training programs tend to be certified by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which functions to continue top expectations in the nation’s training schools and education.
Extra Dental Options
Programs for potential dental practice hygienists are also available at academic institutions and web-based training centers. Dental hygienists tutor patients about oral hygiene, inspect and clean teeth, carry out teeth x-rays, in addition to other responsibilities.
Yet another job in the wider dental care business is in the segment of the dental technician. Most dental technicians fabricate bridges, crowns, and dentures by working off of dental molds or impressions sent in from the dentist practice. Good eye and hand coordination is an important skill set to have in this dental occupation.
Take a look at these schools:
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Eve
- Medical Assistant
About the College of Westchester
Since 1915, The College of Westchester (CW) has focused on the career success of its students. CW's academic programs are carefully designed to provide the skills and competencies most desired by employers. Our campus environment is highly personal and our culture centers on service to students. CW faculty is selected based on experience, credentials and a caring attitude to bring real world knowledge to the classroom. The College's technologies and web-enhanced learning tools give students anywhere, anytime connectivity to courses, professors, classmates and services. The College of Westchester offers an exceptional experience that can lead to a lifetime of achievement and success.
- AAS-Medical Assistant Management
- Medical Office Specialist
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Patient Care Technician Level 1
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
- MSN Clinical Nurse Educator