Is a career in dental assisting right for you?
If you have ever been to the dentist’s office and had your teeth cleaned, a cavity taken care of, gotten an x-ray, or other dental procedure, you probably had a dental assistant operating right next to your dentist helping do the job. Maybe you’re questioning if that job opportunity might end up being good for your situation.
If you are considering this type of job as your next vocation, you might be interested in knowing that the field of dental assisting is growing bigger quickly in North Dakota.
These kinds of training courses may be provided through local trade colleges, technical institutes, and also from a few web-based learning institutions. Typically, these programs will take about a year or less to complete.
Working pros may later go on for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). This DANB certification program is recognized in 30 states where after successful finalization, acknowledges the completed training and professional success of the dental assistant.
What Happens After Graduation?
Shortly after successfully graduating from your vocational training course, and before you start work, certain states want you to be accredited. This licensing typically includes sitting for one or two written exams and also a hands-on test or another challenge.
Some states will require prescribed lessons be completed before the student is fully approved. Talk with your state board to identify just what these specifications are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the status that the approved professional hygienist earns. The RDH credential indicates you’ve successfully undertaken an authorized training program, a standardized written review, and also a regional clinical evaluation.
Programs are generally accredited by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which helps to retain high expectations in the nation’s training schools and options.
More Dental Options
Courses for prospective dental care hygienists are also available at colleges and internet based education centers. Dental care hygienists teach patients about oral hygiene, inspect and clean teeth, perform x-rays, and other activities.
A different career in the health care sector is in the area of dental technicians. Dental technicians put together dentures, crowns and bridges through working off of oral molds or impressions submitted from the dentist practice. Suitable hand and eye coordination is a vital skill set to have in this dental position.
Take a look through these choices:
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
Located in the breathtaking Sonoran desert of southern Arizona and within an international border region, The University of Arizona is consistently ranked as a top public research university, offering graduate degrees in more than one hundred fields and is widely recognized for its cutting-edge research and innovation. The University of Arizona also offers Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs which enables the fusion of ideas, techniques, and expertise from the traditional academic fields to provide for the evolution of modern and imaginative methods of research, and the creation of new fields of endeavor.