Is a career in dental assisting something you are considering?
If you’ve been to the dentist’s office and had your teeth checked out, braces adjusted, a cavity filled, gotten an x-ray, or most other oral health care procedure, you very likely had a dental assistant operating right alongside your dentist helping them perform the work. So maybe you are wondering if this type of job might end up being perfect for you.
If you’ve ever considered this sort of job for your career, you could be interested in understanding that the niche of dental hygienist and assisting is growing bigger each year in Ohio.
These training programs are often given at community colleges, trade schools, and also at a couple of online training centers. Generally, these programs will take roughly a year or less to complete.
Experienced professionals may often apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). This DANB certification procedure is recognized in about 30 states and following successful completion, recognizes the completed education and professional achievement of these dental workers.
Earning a License
Right after you graduate from your specialized training course, but before you can begin work, a lot of states mandate you to be credentialed. This commonly incorporates finishing written exams along with a hands-on evaluation or even some other activity.
A few states will ask for sanctioned classes be taken before the applicant will be licensed. You can talk with your school to identify just what those standards are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the certification that the registered professional gets. The RDH certification verifies you have adequately undertaken an accredited training program, a national written exam, and a regional or state clinical review.
Training can be recognized by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which works to continue top expectations in the nation’s training courses and programs.
Other Dental Courses
Classes for dental care hygienists are also available at colleges and web-based education centers. Dental hygienists instruct their patients about oral hygiene, clean and polish teeth, perform mouth x-rays, and other duties.
Another job position in the greater dental business is in the segment of dental technicians. Dental technicians fabricate dentures, bridges and crowns by working off of oral impressions or molds submitted by the dental practice. Suitable hand and eye coordination is a crucial skill set to have for this dental position.
These schools offer degree programs:
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.
One of the world's leading private research institutions, the University of Southern California (USC) was founded in 1880. What began as an academic institution of just 53 students has now grown to more than 38,000. Today USC continues to uphold its tradition of integrating liberal and professional education, fostering a vibrant culture of public service and encouraging students to cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.