Is a career in dental assisting something you are considering?
If you’ve been to the dentist’s office and had your teeth checked out, braces adjusted, a cavity filled, gotten an x-ray, or most other oral health care procedure, you very likely had a dental assistant operating right alongside your dentist helping them perform the work. So maybe you are wondering if this type of job might end up being perfect for you.
If you’ve ever considered this sort of job for your career, you could be interested in understanding that the niche of dental hygienist and assisting is growing bigger each year in Ohio.
These training programs are often given at community colleges, trade schools, and also at a couple of online training centers. Generally, these programs will take roughly a year or less to complete.
Experienced professionals may often apply for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). This DANB certification procedure is recognized in about 30 states and following successful completion, recognizes the completed education and professional achievement of these dental workers.
Earning a License
Right after you graduate from your specialized training course, but before you can begin work, a lot of states mandate you to be credentialed. This commonly incorporates finishing written exams along with a hands-on evaluation or even some other activity.
A few states will ask for sanctioned classes be taken before the applicant will be licensed. You can talk with your school to identify just what those standards are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the certification that the registered professional gets. The RDH certification verifies you have adequately undertaken an accredited training program, a national written exam, and a regional or state clinical review.
Training can be recognized by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which works to continue top expectations in the nation’s training courses and programs.
Other Dental Courses
Classes for dental care hygienists are also available at colleges and web-based education centers. Dental hygienists instruct their patients about oral hygiene, clean and polish teeth, perform mouth x-rays, and other duties.
Another job position in the greater dental business is in the segment of dental technicians. Dental technicians fabricate dentures, bridges and crowns by working off of oral impressions or molds submitted by the dental practice. Suitable hand and eye coordination is a crucial skill set to have for this dental position.
These schools offer degree programs:
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Professional Skills Institute provides industry-modeled, hands-on medical training to prepare graduates for a new career as a Medical Office Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding Specialist, or Pharmacy Technician.
You could start your healthcare career in less time than you think! PSI is the choice for healthcare training that leads to employment.
- Medical Office Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.