Is a dental assisting career in your future?
If you’ve ever been to the dentist’s office and had your teeth cleaned, braces adjusted, a cavity taken care of, been given x-rays, or any other dental procedure, you most likely had a dentist’s assistant working right next to your dentist helping to do the work. Perhaps you’re questioning if this kind of job could be perfect for you.
If you are thinking about this sort of work for your next vocation, you may be interested in understanding that the industry of dental assisting is rising quickly in Oklahoma.
These types of courses might be provided through community colleges, vocational institutes, and even from some internet based learning centers. Generally, one of these programs would often take about a year or less to finish.
Experienced professionals may later go on for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This official process is approved in over 30 states where after successful finalization, identifies the formal training and industry results of these healthcare specialists.
Getting Your License
Shortly after successfully graduating from your dental assistant program, and before you can obtain your initial job, a lot of states expect you to be registered. This licensing ordinarily will require completing computer-given exams including a hands-on assessment or perhaps some other challenge.
A few other states want approved curriculum be done before the student is fully licensed. You can talk with your school to determine just what these standards are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the certification that the licensed professional hygienist is awarded. This RDH credential verifies that you have correctly completed an accredited training course, a standardized written test, and maybe a state clinical assessment.
Training programs are generally recognized by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which functions to continue high standards in the country’s instruction schools and options.
Other Dental Options
Coursework for dental care hygienists are available at academic institutions and web-based education centers. Dental practice hygienists coach patients about oral hygiene, clean teeth, perform jaw x-rays, in addition to other duties.
A different vocation in the broader dental business is in the topic of the dental technician. Most dental technicians fabricate crowns, bridges and dentures by working off of oral impressions submitted by the dentist’s practice. Proper hand and eye coordination is an important skill set to have for this job.
We have put together a list:
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Pursue your education with Platt College (Oklahoma). We offer hands-on training programs in the culinary arts, allied health, and nursing fields.
*Programs vary by location.
*High school diploma or GED required.
*Licensed by OBPVS.
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assisting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!