So, you’re thinking about becoming a dental assistant student?
Every time you have gone to your dentist and had your teeth checked, braces adjusted, a cavity taken care of, been given an x-ray, or other dental care procedure, you very likely had a dentist’s assistant operating right next to your dentist helping to do the job. So maybe you’re questioning if that work would be right for your job situation.
If you are thinking about this type of work as your career, you may be interested in understanding that the field of dental hygienist and assisting is growing quickly in Oregon.
These dental training programs are often provided at junior colleges, vocational schools, and also from some web-based education centers. Ordinarily, a program like this take about a year or less to accomplish.
Experienced pros might later go on for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). This DANB official program is approved in 30 states and following successful finalization, identifies the formal training and vocational achievements of these healthcare professionals.
What Happens After Graduation?
Immediately after you graduate from your specialized training course, and before you obtain work, some states call for you to be accredited. This licensing generally consists of sitting for one or two written exams and then a hands-on evaluation or even another task.
A few other states will specify that sanctioned curriculum to be completed before a assistant can be approved. You can talk with your state board to find out what those requirements are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the specific status that the certified professional hygienist is awarded. The RDH credential establishes that you’ve correctly completed an approved training course, a national written examination, or maybe even a regional clinical exam.
Programs are normally endorsed by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which helps to continue excellent conditions in the country’s training classes and options.
Added Dental Opportunities
Coursework for dental care hygienists are offered at academic institutions and online training centers. Dental care hygienists tutor patients about oral hygiene, clean and polish teeth, take mouth x-rays, and various other assignments.
Another career in the dental care field is in the segment of the dental technician. Dental technicians build bridges, crowns, and dentures by working with dental impressions sent in from the dentist practice. Fine hand and eye coordination is a necessary skill to have for this job.
Here is a short list:
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- We're now Non-Profit.