So, you’re thinking about going to school for a dental assistant degree?
If you have gone to your dentist’s office and had your teeth checked out, braces adjusted, a cavity taken care of, been given x-rays, or other dental care procedure, you most likely had a dental assistant working right next to your dentist helping them carry out the work. Perhaps you are thinking if this profession may turn out to be right for your career situation.
If you’ve ever considered this sort of work as your next vocation, you might be interested in understanding that the industry of dental assisting is expanding every year in Pennsylvania.
These kinds of courses are offered through local trade colleges, technical institutes, and also through a few online training centers. Generally, these programs take up to a year or less to accomplish.
Working assistants might later go on for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This DANB certification procedure is endorsed in 30 states where upon successful finalization, specifies the formal education and professional results of dental assistants.
What Happens After Graduation?
Just after graduating from a career training program, in order to obtain your first job, several states call for you to be licensed. This licensing commonly incorporates finishing computer-given tests together with a physical evaluation or perhaps some other activity.
Other states want sanctioned courses to be done before each applicant will be approved. Visit your state board to learn about just what those requirements are.
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the status that the accredited hygienist acquires. The RDH designation proves that you’ve successfully completed an approved training curriculum, a standard written exam, or a regional clinical exam.
Training are often certified by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which works to continue top standards in the country’s instruction courses and education.
Added Dental Programs
Courses for dental care hygienists are also available at schools and web-based education centers. Dental practice hygienists educate their patients about oral hygiene, clean teeth, complete jaw x-rays, and various other duties.
One other career in the dental care sectors is in the segment of dental technicians. Most dental technicians create crowns, dentures and bridges through working off of oral impressions submitted by the dentist office. Excellent hand and eye coordination is a necessary skill set to have for this position.
We have built a list of schools:
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood Career Institute focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
No matter what occupation you choose to pursue, the competition for a good job is fierce. Lansdale School of Business (LSB) can help you stand out from the rest by teaching you the specific skills you need to succeed in the career you desire.
- Associate Degree-Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.