Dental assisting is a great career field — but is it right for you?
Every time you have been to the dentist and had your teeth polished, braces adjusted, a cavity filled, received an x-ray, or another dentist-related procedure, you most likely had a dental assistant working right next to the dentist helping to carry out the job. So maybe you’ve wondered if this job position could be good for your career situation.
If you’ve ever considered this type of work as your next occupation, you may be interested in understanding that the area of dental assisting is getting bigger every year in Rhode Island.
Classes can be given at local community colleges, trade institutes, and also from a few internet based training centers. Normally, a program like this will take roughly a year or less to complete.
Experienced assistants might often continue on for official certification from The Dental Assisting National Board. This certification procedure is approved in 30 states and following successful completion, specifies the completed training and professional success of the dental assistant.
What Happens After Graduation?
Right after you graduate from a training course, in order to obtain your initial job, a lot of states call for you to be authorized. This licensing usually will require finishing written exams in conjunction with a physical evaluation or even some other procedure.
Some other states will require certain instruction be completed before each assistant is fully registered. Talk with your school to identify just what those standards are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the status that the certified hygienist earns. This RDH designation demonstrates you’ve correctly undertaken a certified training curriculum, a standard written examination, or maybe even a state clinical evaluation.
Course programs are typically recognized by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which functions to keep excellent conditions in the country’s training courses and programs.
Other Dental Options
Programs for dental practice hygienists are available at academic institutions and web-based education centers. Dental care hygienists instruct their patients about oral hygiene, clean teeth, carry out x-rays of teeth, along with other responsibilities.
A different program in the broader dental care industry is in the topic of the dental technician. Dental technicians produce crowns, dentures and bridges by working with oral impressions submitted from the dental office. Excellent eye and hand coordination is a vital skill to have in this dental job.
Start with this list:
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Dental Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Eve
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
What Are You Waiting For?
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!