The dental assisting field can be a terrific career for the right person.
If you’ve ever been to the dentist’s office and had your teeth cleaned, a cavity taken care of, gotten an x-ray, or any other dental procedure, you likely had a dentist’s assistant performing right alongside the dentist helping them carry out the work. Perhaps you’re questioning if this type of profession might turn out to be perfect for you.
If you ever considered this sort of job for your vocation, you might be interested in knowing that the area of dental hygienist and assisting is growing bigger every year in South Carolina.
These kinds of programs might be offered through junior colleges, trade institutes, and even from a couple of web-based training institutions. Normally, one of these programs would will take up to a year or less to accomplish.
Working professionals may later continue on for certification from The Dental Assisting National Board (DANB). This certification procedure is endorsed in 30 states where after successful completion, identifies the training and vocational results of these healthcare specialists.
Getting Your License
Just after graduating from a short training program, but before you can begin a job, several states require you to be registered. This licensing generally will involve finishing computer-given tests along with a physical test or even another activity.
Some states will specify that approved courses be taken before the applicant can be licensed. Check with your school to check out just what those standards are.
Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is the designation that the accredited professional hygienist is awarded. This RDH award proves you have adequately undertaken a certified training curriculum, a national written review, and maybe a state clinical exam.
Training programs will be recognized by The Commission on Dental Accreditation which acts to keep good standards in the nation’s training schools and options.
Extra Dental Options
Courses for potential dental hygienists are offered at academic institutions and internet based education centers. Dental care hygienists coach their patients about oral hygiene, clean and polish teeth, carry out x-rays of teeth, as well as other tasks.
Yet another career in the broader dental care sector is in the topic of the dental technician. Dental technicians create bridges, dentures and crowns through working off of dental impressions or molds submitted by the dental practice. Good hand and eye coordination is a necessary skill set to have in this dental position.
You can begin with this list:
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Prepare for a Health Care Career in as Few as 8 Months at Southeastern Institute!
At Southeastern Institute we’ll help you choose the health care program that is perfect for your personal growth and interests, and will support you at every step along the way. Receive hands-on instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern Institute’s small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Medical Assisting
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Office Specialist Diploma
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
With over 80 years of academic achievements, Jacksonville University is a traditional, longstanding institution consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best colleges.